Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Karlovy Vary Tschotskes



Three times my wife and I have had to clean out the living space of the dearly departed . . . leading us to the declaration that we will throw away all the useless bric-a-brac people collect in a lifetime, just so we won't put our kids thru what we have been thru . . . I think we have less useless crap than most people (if you don't count my rare-but-not-valuable books) since we have moved so often in the last 30 years, but I see -- now -- we will fail, for we were unable to resist these little cobalt blue on white porcelain mineral water drinking mugs . . . you sip thru the handle, since the water is hot . . . the motifs are all traditional Czech, slunucnice (sunflower), onion, etc . . . not like the cheesy ones with pictures stamped on them . . . 8^D . . . all we need now is some traditional Czech Lace to compleat the display . . . sorry kids . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment