Thursday, December 16, 2010

Slowing Down to the Speed of Dark



According to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, time slows down for something as it approaches the speed of light. So what does it mean if time seems to be going faster, as it does for me? Am I slowing down towards the speed of dark? This year has certainly flashed by at an alarming rate – like a dropout on an analogue videotape. My life, and my career in modern broadcast engineering, is a mere blip on the radar screen of eternity.

If years don’t last like they used to, then all the more effort should be made to record the significant events for posterity, lest these shrinking time units we call years disappear altogether in some kind of Einsteinian wormhole vortex black hole thingy.

So what should we record in our journals on the subject of “2010: the significant events and occur rences affecting television broadcast technologists”? Here follows my list.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/110814

It has always seemed to me, I blog, that the reason Old People crab about so cautiously and slowly, is that everything seems to be speeding past them in a blur, till the christmases are flying by like telephone poles on the freeway . . . especially the older I get . . . 8^) . . . so I think I have conceived what this author is experiencing without the same recognition, but I did like his concept of slowing down to the Speed of Dark.

 

I just think its funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment