Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Resentment

Resentiment

"Don't send me any more letters," she said on the telephone.

"But I already re-sent it," I pled, "when it came back unopened."

"I tore it up," she said.

"But I just sent it today -- what letter did you tear up?"

"The letter I got before, I didn't like the way it smelled."

"But I thought women liked that stuff, it's a scent you said you liked ... when that letter came back unopened, I rescented it and re-sent it."

"No, I resented it," she affirmed, "so I tore it up."

"But I apologized, and took back every word I said," I pled.

"Some things can't be rescinded. So don't send me any more letters."

"But I already re-sent my recent note, rescinding the re-scented note you resented ..."

"I'll tear it up, too, then," she said

No comments:

Post a Comment